Are You Eligible To Come To Canada As A Refugee?
posted on October 11, 2017
Do you want to know if you are eligible to come to Canada as a refugee? The CIC published a basic outline of the requirements to apply for a refugee status. According to the CIC, applicants must fall under one of two classes. The classes are:
- Convention refugee abroad class. To qualify for this class, you must be:
- Living outside your home country
- Cannot return back due to persistent persecution based on
- Political stance
- Country of asylum class. To qualify for this class, you must be:
- Living outside your home country or country of living
- Seriously affected by civil war or armed conflict
- Denied basic human rights consistently
For more information on who is not eligible and how to apply, click here.
Physical Effects Of Sexual Violence
According to the CDC, over 32,000 pregnancies are reported due to rape annually in the US. Sexual violence is a pervasive phenomenon in our societies. It affects predominantly women and to lower extent men. Sexual violence leaves its negative effect on the victims. Effects include physical, psychological, and emotional consequences. Some of the physical effects a victim might experience are: Chronic pain Gastrointestinal disorders Gynecological complications Migraines and other frequent headaches Sexually transmitted infections Cervical cancer Genital injuries For more information on possible negative effects of sexual violence, check out the CDC website here. For prevention strategies, click here.