Must-Have Books for Neurodiverse Families
posted on October 30, 2017
What is neurodiversity? It is a term to describe the tolerance and acceptance of individuals who are affected by developmental and behavioral conditions/disorders.
Here is a list of must-have books for neurodiverse families.
- Taking Charge of ADHD, Third Edition: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents – By Russell A. Barkley
- Learning Outside The Lines: Two Ivy League Students with Learning Disabilities and ADHD Give You the Tools for Academic Success and Educational Revolution – By Johnathan Mooney and David Cole
- Driven to Distraction (Revised): Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder – By Edward M. Hallowell (M.D) and John J. Ratey (M.D)
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children – By Ross W. Greene (Ph.D.)
- Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.? Stopping the Roller Coaster When Someone You Love Has Attention Deficit Disorder – By Gina Perra
- Boy Without Instructions: Surviving the Learning Curve of Parenting a Child with ADHD – By Penny Williams
- What to Expect When You’re NOT Expecting ADHD: A 9-step plan to master the struggles and triumphs of parenting a child with ADHD – By Penny Williams
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason – By Alfie Kohn
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk – By Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too – By Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Duct Tape Parenting: A Less Is More Approach to Raising Respectful, Responsible, and Resilient Kids – By Vicki Hoefle and Alex Kajitani
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings: How to Stop the Fighting and Raise Friends for Life – By Dr. Laura Markham
- Mothering and Daughtering: Keeping Your Bond Strong Through the Teen Years – By Eliza Reynolds and Sil Reynolds
To read some details about the content of each must-have book for neurodiverse families, visit this page.
Doctors’ Tips on How to Lose 100 Pounds or More
Most of us are trying or tried to lose weight at some point in our lives. Losing weight and maintaining the weight off can be very challenging. And there are so many fad diets and tips that friends and family give that, let’s face it, are scientifically incorrect (to put it mildly). Luckily WebMD, provided a slideshow with tips and advice from physicians and obesity specialists on how to shed those extra pounds in a healthy manner. You can find the slideshow here.