Lessons Learned as a Second Wife
posted on November 28, 2017
In this article, Kristen talks about the difficulty she had as a second wife. She felt like her husbands family and even herself were comparing her to his ex-wife. Everything around her would remind her of his former life. Everything that he and his ex-wife did was his firsts. First marriage, first baby and first family. She worried that he wouldn’t be as excited for his second marriage and possibly the second mother of their child. She was her own worst enemy.
Lessons Learned in Embracing the Role as Second Wife
- You’re the only one comparing yourself. And doing so only hurts you.
- You have a unique role as a second wife.
- You are his choice now.
- Its a lot easier to accept your new role when the memorabilia and photos are put away.
- You both need to share your triggers.
- It is imperative to create new traditions.
- Making yourself a list of your merits as his second wife accelerates acceptance.
- Clarifying expectations with your partner is critical.
- She’s not the enemy or the competition.
- It takes time.
Click here to read the full article.
Facing Infertility as a Stepmom
In this article, Jennifer talks about her struggle with infertility. Her husband had a son in his previous marriage. At first, she couldn't understand why her husband and his ex-wife could have a child together and they couldn’t. She always wanted to be a mother so badly. They discussed different options like adoption, fertility treatments, and foster care. She is taking it day by day and is happy to have a good relationship with her stepson and his mother, one day hoping to have a child of her own. Click here to read the full story.