A Guide to Help You Plan to Age in Place
posted on December 14, 2017
“Thinking about Your Future? – Plan Now to Age in Place.” – Canada.ca
- “Aging in place means having access to services and the health and social supports you need to live safely and independently in your home or your community for as long as you wish or are able. If you are a near senior or senior who is thinking about aging in place, and would like to know more about what you may need to do to prepare for your later years, this booklet is for you.”
How to Use this Booklet – This booklet contains three steps you can take to help you plan for aging in place.
- Step One – Are You Ready to Age in Place?
- Step Two – Reflections
- Step Three – Taking Action on Aging in Place
Step One Includes Self-Assessment Questions Reflecting On:
- My Health
- My Home
- My Transportation
- My Finances
- My Connections
- My Safety
- My Supports and Services
- My Community
- My Partner and Me
Step two and three include preparation and a personal action plan. To access the full guide in pdf format, click here.
“Thinking About Aging in Place – If you are like many Canadians, you want to Age in Place in your own home and community.” – Canada.ca
Contents of Guide
- Planning can help you achieve this goal
- Thinking about your home
- Thinking about your community
- Getting around
- Thinking about supports
- Staying connected
- Staying Healthy
- Staying financially secure
- Staying safe and free from abuse
- Caring for others
To access the full guide in pdf format, click here.
3 Tips for Balancing Your Family Life with Your Career
Everyone has different aspects of their life; the trick to a happy and healthy life is balance. This article, posted on the Child Development Institute blog, gives 3 helpful suggestions to at least balance your family life with your career. 3 Tips: Set boundaries between your work life and home life: Leave work at work Connect with your family through routines: Create daily routines that connect your family Carve out time to be together: Prioritize your family: spend your free time with them Click here for the full article.