Prepare Yourself For Success in an Online Course
posted on November 17, 2017
“This tutorial is designed to help you prepare for taking an online course. It will help you improve your online learning strategies and familiarize yourself with the skills to succeed in an online learning environment.”
This self-assessment guide created by Carleton University provides a series of video tutorials to help you get prepared for an online course. Video topics include:
- Are You Ready to Take an Online Course?
- Is Your Computer Ready for an Online Course?
- Want to Connect with Other Online Students?
Upon completion of all six videos, you will be able to…
- Evaluate your readiness
- Recognize effective learning habits and techniques
- Identify basic time management skills
- Recall the relationship between course participation and academic success
- Recognize the differences between traditional classroom and online courses
For more information, and for access to the video tutorials, click here.
Expert-Recommended Autism Apps for Kids
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) “describes a range of conditions classified as neurodevelopmental disorders in the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition)”. Those diagnosed with the disorder have symptoms such as “problems in social communication and social interaction and restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests or activities”. Using apps for kids with ASD can aid in learning and social development. The apps allow for learning in many environments. "For example, if we are only teaching the skill of greeting others in the classroom, we may see less success when attempting to greet others at the grocery store”....